Support Your Claim
Providing evidence regarding your property’s valuation is an important part of the process.
Examples of types of evidence: (please note that these are examples and are not all required; the more evidence you have to support your claim the stronger your case)
- Arms-length sale, documented by recorded deed, closing statement (HUD-1), purchase contract, and/or conveyance fee statement (DTE 100).
- Recent appraisal report of the subject property made for tax valuation purposes and authenticated by the appraiser during the hearing. Other opinions of value may be considered and given consideration.
- Estimates from a certified contractor for repairs cited on the complaint. Major structural issues may affect the value of the property while regular maintenance needs (new roof, new driveway) are typically factored into the existing current value
based on the age/condition of the property.
- Dated interior/exterior photos of the property and comparable properties showing the condition.
- New construction costs certified by the builder. This should include both hard (materials) and soft (labor) costs.
- To submit your evidence:
- In person at 2079 E. 9th Street, 2nd Floor, Cleveland
- By mail to 2079 E. 9th Street, 2nd Floor, Cleveland OH 44115
- By email to BORinfo@cuyahogacounty.us
- Fax: 216-443-8282