Cuyahoga County Small Business STIMulus Grant Program
Significant. Transformative. Impactful. Minority-Focused.
The Small Business STIMulus Grant Program has been created to assist small, neighborhood-based businesses throughout Cuyahoga County in growing and scaling their business after surviving the COVID-19 pandemic, with an eye on support for minority-owned businesses.
Small Business STIMulus Grant Application
Businesses must complete a grant application to initiate the application process.Apply Now
STIMulus Grant Program Funds Awarded
More than 50 local small businesses in 18 different municipalities will receive grant awards to help their business grow and flourish. The STIMulus Grant Advisory Committee consisting of 13 members reviewed all recommendations and made final decisions on awards. Scoring priority was given to applicants who are minority-owned and those who secured additional outside funding support.
See the winners
The Small Business STIMulus Grant Program is a one-time payment granted to eligible applicants in an amount up to $50,000 for businesses with fewer than 50 full-time equivalent employees. Roughly $2 million will be available for grant allocation. Award amounts are available in increments of $10,000, $25,000, and $50,000. Verified gross revenue from 2021 will be used to determine grant award eligibility amount.
Eligible Use of Proceeds
Eligible uses of grant proceeds include working capital expenses such as:
- Purchase of inventory/supplies
- Lease or purchase of equipment
- Hiring Staff
- Location Expansion
- Other expressly permitted uses
- Business owners can apply online using the Small Business STIMulus Grant Application. (link)
- The application period will be open from Wednesday, August 3rd to September 9th at 5:00 p.m.
- All applications received by the deadline will be recommended by the National Development Council, the operating program agency and fiscal agent for the funds, and reviewed by the Small Business Grants Advisory Subcommittee on both its fulfillment of the grant’s threshold criteria and a bonus point system that will be utilized to score projects that meet the County’s strategic goals and objectives.
- The County will notify those who will be awarded a grant in the fall of 2022. Grant funds must be distributed by December 31, 2022.
An applicant must:
- Be a Cuyahoga County small business owner (applicant must be 51% majority owner).
- Have been in operation prior to June 1, 2020.
- Be in operation at the time of application (businesses that have ceased operations are ineligible).
- Have fewer than 50 full-time equivalent employees.
- Have verified gross revenue greater than $35,000 in 2020 and 2021. Verified gross revenue from 2021 will be used to determine grant award eligibility amount.
- Not be one of the following business types: a business engaged in illegal activities, loan packaging, gambling, real estate investment, lending, illicit adult entertainment or where the owner is on parole.
- Not be in conflict of interest with Cuyahoga County, the County Council, the local municipality, or the operating program agency.
Cuyahoga County and NDC hosted two webinars to help interested businesses through the application process:
Monday, August 8th from 3:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.Click here to view Webinar
Tuesday, August 23rd from 12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m.Click here to view Webinar
How to contact NDC:
Small Business STIMulus Grant Program Announcement