Heritage Home Loan
Cuyahoga County has many wonderful homes that were built to last. These homes are part of our heritage and we can help you preserve them. Through the Heritage Home Loan Program, the County partners with the Cleveland Restoration Society to offer low interest loans that provide the funds you need to modernize and make energy efficiency improvements. The Heritage Home Program is available to help with access to loan programs and free technical assistance for home repair, maintenance, and rehab needs.
Eligibility and Requirements:
Applicants must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- Home must be 50 years or older
- Must be located in an eligible community. List of eligible communities
- Eligible types of home repairs: Electrical, HVAC/furnace, plumbing, roof, kitchen/bath renovation, insulation, window, basement waterproofing, masonry, painting, compatible additions, finishing attic, etc.
- Properties must be valued at less than $750,000. Properties with a value between $500,000 and $750,000 are eligible for exterior improvements only
- Luxury projects and improvements are not eligible (i.e. vinyl siding or vinyl windows, hot tubs, swimming pools, decks, patios, landscaping, etc.)
You can apply for the Heritage Home Loan Program through the Cleveland Restoration Society. Application details and forms can be found here. For additional questions, contact the Cleveland Restoration Society at (216) 426-3116.
Application and Contact Information