You are eligible to enroll in benefits if you are a regular full-time and part-time employee who is scheduled to work at least 30 hours per week.
Your eligible dependents may also participate in benefits offered by Cuyahoga County. An eligible Dependent is considered to be:
- Your spouse, provided you are not legally separated; or,
- Your child up to the end of the month of his/her 26th birthday.
Benefit Election Changes
All benefit elections will remain in effect until the following plan year unless you experience an IRS approved qualifying life event.
Qualifying events include, but are not limited to:
- Marriage or divorce or legal separation
- Death of spouse or other dependent
- Birth or adoption of a child
- A spouse’s employment begins or ends
- A dependent’s eligibility status changes due to age, marital status, or employment
- You or your spouse experience a change in work hours that affect benefit eligibility
If you experience a qualifying event, you must report it to Cuyahoga County HR Employee Benefits within 30 consecutive days of the event.
Employee Benefits Overview
Cuyahoga County is committed to promoting and sustaining the wellbeing of its employees and their families by providing quality and integrative health and wellness programs.
Benefits Enrollment Guide
Information on Medical Plan Options and Comparison Chart, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance Plans, and Voluntary Benefits Programs.
Qualifying Life Event 30 Day Rule
Changes that you experience in your life may allow you to enroll or may require you to make a change in your benefits coverage.
Cuyahoga County Default Benefits
You are eligible to enroll in benefits if you are a regular full-time or part-time employee who is scheduled to work at least 30 hours per week.