The Real Property department:
- Preserves a complete historical record of all property transactions
- Maintains records of property ownership, valuation, and taxation
- Collects special assessments for public improvements
- Prepares and adjusts the tax duplicate
- Computes tax credits and issues refunds based on decisions by the Board of Revision, Board of Tax Appeals, the Appraisal Department, and the Court of Common Pleas
Real Estate Tax Adjustments
Tax information regarding adjustments, credits, refunds, abatements and the remission of penalties.
Properties used for nonprofit purposes may be granted a tax exemption by the Ohio Department of Taxation.
Homestead Exemption Program
The Homestead Exemption is a statewide program which reduces the property tax burden of qualified citizens.
Owner Occupancy Credit
A real estate tax reduction available to a homeowner for their principal place of residence.