How To Be A Strong Applicant
Hiring managers want employees who project a professional image. Make sure your cover letter and resume are professional and error free. Using proper grammar, good sentence structure, and a clean resume format will demonstrate your professionalism and expertise.
Interview and Application Tips
- When interviewing, make sure you dress presentably, speak with confidence, and address the interview questions.
- Use relevant stories from your experiences as examples to further demonstrate to the hiring manager that you’re qualified for the position.
- Ask for contact information at the end of your interview so you can reach out and thank the individual(s) who interviewed you.
- Be prepared to answer questions about gaps in your resume or changes in your career path.
- Explain why you want the job.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the position the County has to offer.
- Use Google Chrome or Firefox web browsers to fill out applications. All external applicants please apply through Job Board and all internal applicants please apply through the Internal Job Board.
- Uploading your resume is optional and WILL NOT replace your profile information. (Profile information is used to determine if position qualifications are met.)
- Upon completion, all phases (Profile, Resume, Questions, Summary) of the application process will have a green check.
- Make sure you complete your entire online profile and include all necessary details and information.