The Cuyahoga County Department of Law offers externship opportunities for law students.
How do I apply?
Consult your law school coordinator if you are interested in applying. If your law school is interested in creating an externship program with the Department of Law, contact Laura “Lu” Chandler at 216-698-6464 or email@example.com.
Why should I apply?
Apply for an externship to:
- Gain a wide range of legal and practical experience.
- Labor and employment matters
- Economic development matters
- Government contracting
- Negotiating and drafting contracts
- Ohio Sunshine Law
- Legislation, policies, and procedures
- Participate in Cuyahoga County government matters
- Attend County Council meetings, including the possibility of attending executive sessions.
Where would I work?
Externs are generally placed with the Cuyahoga County Department of Law but may be placed with other departments depending on specific projects.