MEDICAL EXAMINER’S OFFICE CITIZENS ACADEMY 2022Spring Academy: Begins April 28. Applications due by March 31.
Please e-mail your completed application to Christopher Harris at email@example.com
or mail to:
Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner's Office
c/o Christopher Harris
11001 Cedar Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44106
Do you have an interest in learning about forensic science? The Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner’s Office Citizens Academy is a once-a-week, 10-week program designed to give Cuyahoga County residents an inside look at what goes into death investigations.
Every Thursday, classes will be held from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. at the Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner’s Office. The Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner’s Citizens Academy is free, and enrollment is open to all qualified residents. Additionally, dinner will be provided during each week of the program.
This program aims to give residents in inside-look into the many forensic science disciplines within the agency.
Download our brochure.
Download our application.
WHAT WILL I EXPERIENCE?This program is structured as a combination of presentations and hands-on demonstrations. The information covered will include:
- Forensic Pathology
- Autopsy (optional)
- Trace Evidence
- Q&A w/ Medical Examiner
- And more!
WHAT ARE THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS?
- Resident of Cuyahoga County
- At least 21 years of age
- Must have no felony convictions
- Must pass a background check
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- All applicants will be subject to a criminal background check
- Must attend at least 8 of the 10 courses offered to qualify for graduation, so please check your schedule carefully before applying for the course. The academy is limited to 30 students.
- This program is designed to provide an understanding of how the medical examiner’s office operates. THIS PROGRAM DOES NOT GIVE ANY MEDICAL TRAINING / AUTHORITY TO ACADEMY GRADUATES.
LISTEN TO OUR PODCAST EPISODECuyahoga County's Podcast - Let's Talk Cuyahoga - featured our Citizens Academy in an episode.