Sustainable Stores Program
The Cuyahoga County Departments of Consumer Affairs and Sustainability, with support from the Cuyahoga County Solid Waste District, invite retailers to participate in the Sustainable Stores Program.
The Program is structured to:
- Support retailers’ efforts to eliminate plastic checkout bags from their operations;
- Educate consumers and retailers about the County's Disposable Bag Ordinance; and
- Establish a consumer culture of reusable woven bag use for all shopping trips in Cuyahoga County.
Tools for stores of all sizes are available:
- Sustainable Stores Map (coming soon) – The map will help consumers locate businesses who are taking steps to be more environmentally friendly. If your business has eliminated plastic checkout bags (or never had them), email KStarinsky@CuyahogaCounty.us to get on the map.
- Consumer Education & Outreach – Request an in-store event at your business to share Bring Your Own Bags information to reduce the demand for single-use checkout bags of all types.
- Communications Toolkit – Access templates and the Retailer Help Guide to promote the BYOBags habit in your store.
Questions? Contact Us
Department of Consumer Affairs
Branding, social media, and visual elements for your messaging.
BYOBags Event and Materials Request
Online form to request BYOBags materials or county participation in your event.