Delinquent Tax Payment Plan
Current taxes that are not paid by the close of the tax collection will be assessed a 10% penalty. If payment in full is received within 10 calendar days of the closing date, a portion of the assessment is waived and a 5% penalty will be charged. Postmark is not honored regarding penalty assessments.
The Annual Interest Rate for delinquent real estate taxes is 12%, per written order of the Cuyahoga County Treasurer, as certified by the Ohio Tax Commissioner. The interest charge is assessed as follows:
- August 1st – 8% Interest charged on prior year(s) unpaid balance
- December 1st – 4% Interest charged on current and prior year(s) unpaid balance
If you are having trouble making a payment or need to schedule an appointment with the Treasury - Tax Services Department:
- Call: 216-443-7400, Monday – Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment plans may be available for homeowners who live in their own home.
Commercial, industrial and non-owner occupied residential properties (rental properties) may be eligible for an installment plan, up to 24 months, at the discretion of the Cuyahoga County Treasury. If you default, another payment plan may be offered, at 25% down for up to 24 months.
Requirements for delinquent payment plans:
The first payment on the delinquent contract is due upon commencement. Must be the deeded owner of the property. Please have the following with you to establish the contract:
- Photo identification
- Voided check or bank statement with an account and routing number for automatic monthly deductions
- Certified funds for parcels in a foreclosure or tax lien status (e.g. cash, certified check or money order)
- If applicable:
- Power of Attorney or Probate Court documents
- Articles of Incorporation
You must pay your future current taxes in full and on time in addition to the monthly delinquent tax payment plan installment.
While on a valid active delinquent payment plan, you will not be subject to a Tax Certificate Sale nor will said parcel be offered at a Sheriff’s Sale.
To change the account information associated with your automatic withdrawal, please complete the “Account Change Authorization Form". Return the completed form via email: TREASCOMMENT@cuyahogacounty.us or mail to:
Cuyahoga County Treasury
2079 East 9th St
Cleveland, OH 44115
*Please be advised: The request must be received 10 business days prior to the next scheduled debit. Online requests require 10-14 business days for processing. For immediate assistance, please contact the Tax Services Department at: 216-443-7420.